I took some pictures at the last Slashdot Meetup (with Jason’s camera), and I’d like to put them up with Gallery (Gallery is a free web based photo album). I know several other people that have installed Gallery, but are there any tricky parts to the installation?
- Check your requirements. You will need access to a server running Apache and PHP, with NetPBM installed and running. - details
- Download the gallery files. Create an appropriate directory and install the files on your server.
- Create an albums directory and set its permissions.
- Run the configuration script. You will need to know your root directory and URL.
- Set up some albums and add images.
- That's it!