I love movies, but I’ve never been all that excited about the Oscars. I suppose that I don’t have that much interest in the pomp and circumstance of the awards and I generally prefer just to read the results the next day.
On the other hand, I do enjoy language and puns, and if you’re holding an Oscar party this evening, you’re welcome to use any of these. (I’ve grouped them by nomination category, although not every category is represented.)
I’ve listed only the names of each dish (with links to recipes), but if you hover your mouse over an item, you’ll see a tooltip revealing the nominee from which the dish was inspired.
(Some of them are more obvious than others, but if you need a hint, here’s the official list of this year’s nominees.)
- True Grits (I can’t take credit for this one; a friend came up with this.)
- Winter’s Boneless Wings
- The King’s Peach Cobbler
- These Hors D’œuvres Are All Rye (Mini Reubens)
- Anise in Wonderland (Anise Icebox Cookies)
Foreign Language Film
- Outside the Slaw (Blue Cheese Cole Slaw)
- The Caraway Snack (Caraway Cheese Ball)