The Dallas Camera Club occasionally has one or two potluck meetings each year and one of the dishes that I’ve always enjoyed over the years was Harry and Janie Rumberger’s Raspberry and Feta Salad which they would often bring.
A month or two back, I got around to asking them for the recipe since I had wanted to make the recipe for Thanksgiving. As it turns out, the recipe isn’t too complicated, but it comes out great every time.
Harry and Janie’s Raspberry Pecan Feta Salad
- 1 5-oz box of mixed greens of your choice [I found these in one of the refrigerated cases next to the produce]
- 1 6-oz box of fresh raspberries
- 1 4-oz package of plain feta cheese
- About 1/4 pound of candied pecan halves, coarsely chopped [I found these with the other bagged nuts in the baking aisle]
- 2–4 Tbsp Ken’s Non-fat Raspberry Pecan Dressing (or Ken’s Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette), to taste
- Toss dressing and greens.
- Add cheese and toss very briefly.
- Add raspberries and nuts last and stir just to mix, being careful not to crush the berries or get too much dressing on the nuts.